Tuesday, April 3, 2012

What's Cookin'?

With the surgery rapidly approaching, I better get some pictures posted of things we've been eating recently.  I realize that the days of my Diet Cokes (even these small mini-ones) are about to be a thing of the past too...

Friday night (3/30) - Homemade Ranch Chicken Salad, mini croissant and fresh pineapple.  I determined that this one can be modified to make it healthier by replacing the mayo with Greek yogurt.  Otherwise, not bad at all health-wise.
And yes...those are the small plates and there's STILL room on it.  :)



No, I didn't cook this one, but yum!  Saturday (3/31) - Vegetarian Platter from Manna Mediterranean Restaurant.  Kudos to the owners, Amjad and Kristi, for an awesome place to get authentic Mediterranean food! 





Never in a million years did I think I'd ever stand over the sink peeling shrimp to cook!  But tonight (4/3), I did.  A yummy coconut shrimp bake over brown rice and sauteed asparagus.  I love that our boys eat a variety of food that includes shrimp and asparagus.  The picture might be a bit deceiving because I did have a couple pieces of asparagus as it was cooking - you know, to make sure it was seasoned well and done.  This one is a "do again" according the the family.  If I eat this post-surgery, I'll need to figure out a way to replace the vegetable oil that was used and look at the calories and sugar in the white cooking wine.  Regardless, I'm pretty darn proud that I even made something like this!  



No comments:

Post a Comment