Thursday, March 29, 2012

Dinner time...

Something I've started to notice as I'm not eating as large (or multiple) of portions is that we tend to have more leftovers than before.  Tuesday we had "cheater calzones" and Caesar salad and grape crystal light.  We fixed the recipe the way it was written and had enough for 2 meals!  Before, I might would have eaten two of the calzones. 



Tonight we had crockpot chicken over egg noodles, peas and biscuits.  Again...LOTS of chicken leftovers that CME will take for lunch tomorrow.  I didn't go back for seconds.  Well, I did - on the peas - but even after I put them on my plate and started to eat them, I realized that I wasn't even hungry, so I didn't eat them.  Novel concept, huh???  As far as chicken goes...I cannot stand touching raw chicken - it really grosses me out.  I am super-thankful that CME doesn't mind cooking!  The crockpot chicken was a whole chicken that had to be cleaned (and that extra stuff inside removed).  Cooking with whole chickens is so economical!  It really is...but if it wasn't for CME, I'm not sure I'd EVER do it!


1 comment:

  1. The cheater part of the calzones was not only the easy crust but also that the filling was mostly the left-over meatballs from a few nights back.

    ReplyDelete