Monday, March 19, 2012

There's a good idea...


CME had a pretty good idea (he has lots of them, really).  He suggested that I start taking pictures of what I'm eating and posting them.  I like the idea for two reasons.  First, it will keep me even more accountable for what I'm eating pre-op, but it will also show the contrast in portion and such post-op.  I don't have a picture of breakfast since I did the "no-no" and skipped it.  I just had coffee.  But for "linner" (lunch/dinner) I made gumbo with kielbasa and shrimp.  So here is my one "serving" of gumbo...which was a heaping ladle full (the equivalent of just over one cup) and small crescent roll.  Plus I had about a cup and half of apple juice.



Oh...and here's a picture of the smaller plates that we bought sitting on top of the larger plates we were using.

  
I'm sure I won't be doing this for every single meal, but I do want to be able to see the difference...especially in the post-op times when regular foods are reintroduced.  We'll see how long I keep this up...but it's a start.

No comments:

Post a Comment